Who do you want to call for help when you lose your wallet containing all your IDs and cards, or your precious phone for that matter? Your mother, or a company that has the technological infrastructure in place to protect your valuables at the touch of a button?
OneAssist is an assistance and protection company, providing protection from loss or theft of all types of cards and smartphones, that recently launched its foray into warranty protection for home appliances and electronics.
This June, it raised 118 crore (approx. $18 million) in its Series-C funding from Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed Ventures, Moonstone Investments and Assurant. OneAssist has also raised an undisclosed amount from Arun Sarin, the former CEO of Vodafone Group.
Technology is the foundation of OneAssist and the company is expanding their technology team to induct bright, high-energy techies to form the engine that will enable them to reach their next phase of sustained growth.
It is looking to disrupt the insurance and protection industry in India by holding an offline hackathon, OneHack, on December 9th to find a Java and Android developer to join their team.
If you want to be a part of their growth and happen to be an Android or Java developer, here is what they are looking for :-
Experience required for Java developer:
- 2 to 6 years of experience in web system development as an individual contributor
- Experience in development work on internet and customer facing applications
Requirements to qualify:
- Strong background in J2EE frameworks: Spring, Hibernate and REST/SOAP Web Services
- Hands-on experience in Java multi-threading
And if Android development is more your strength, look no further.
Experience required for Android developer:
- 2 to 6 years of strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Ability to translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
Requirements to qualify:
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to backend services
- Knowledge of SQLite, MySQL or similar database management systems
So, if this sounds like your cup of Java (pardon the pun), all you have to do is:
Register on the Skillenza platform → Get shortlisted → Attend Hackathon → Land job.
So, why work for OneAssist? It’s simple, in a few short years they have managed to prove their business model works through skyrocketing growth, and have effectively drawn millions of dollars in funding as a result. Backed by some of the biggest names out there, and disrupting the insurance and protection business as we know it – why would anyone not want to be a part of that, right?
If you think you have what OneAssist might be looking for, strike while the iron is hot!